Ack! I forgot to post my January Foodie Penpal reveal. I’m a terrible blogger! This month I was paired up with a gal named Lexi from Astoria, New York. She sent me a package that included some sweets from a local area bakery, which was awesome. Here is everything that she included.
Dried pineapple are a serious weakness of mine. The reason I piled the lollipop and Almond Butter bar on top of them was to make the container appear full. I tore right into those and didn’t want people to think Lexi had sent me a half empty carton of pineapple!
The lollipop was such a fun idea! This might sound silly, but it has been a long time since I have eaten a lollipop and it made me feel like a kid again. It was made by a company called Yummy Earth. They make organic candy and have fun flavors like Pomegranate Pucker and Strawberry Smash. They are also certified organic and free of most allergens. The flavor she gave me was Wet-Face Watermelon.
I have not tried the cookies on the left yet, but Lexi included a hand-written note and said they taste like coffee. My husband hates coffee so I know those will be safe in the cupboard. I am usually very good about sharing my treats with him, but sometimes I get stingy and hide things. Also included in the package were yummy coconut macaroons.
Our matches for February came out yesterday so be sure to check back on February 28 to see what I get this month. You can read about what I have gotten in past months below.
If you want to read about what I sent my Penpal, head over here.
Wanna be a Foodie Penpal? Find out how! Click the stamp to sign up!
Here’s a detailed explanation of the program:
– On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
– You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
– The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
– You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
– Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
– Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, I’m going to keep two separate lists and match US w/ US and Canada w/ Canada!