It’s Foodie Pen pal Reveal Day!
We’re all familiar with Foodie Pen Pals around here, right? I took a few months off because I was overwhelmed with work, but I decided to give it a whirl this month and remembered why it was so much fun!
This month I was paired with Anna from New Orleans. She and I had very similar food tastes so shopping for her was a breeze. We’re both gluten-free and dairy-free so I was eagerly awaiting her goodies. When I opened the package she sent, I was SO excited! She had included all of the items necessary to make a full Diwali dinner.
I swear, my Foodie Pen Pals must all be mind readers because every month they hit the mark so perfectly it’s incredible. Not only do I love, love, love Indian food, but about a week before this package arrived, I was Google searching “Paleo Indian recipes” because I am wanting to experiment more with Indian flavors.
Here is a picture of the items that Anna included in my package.
I could smell the tea the moment I opened the envelope! Anna even went as far as to include recipes for all of the above ingredients. So thoughtful! There’s also fresh papadums, chia seeds and coconut, tamarind paste, Chai tea (my favorite kind of tea next to ginger tea!), vegetable biryani sauce mix, and chili chocolate. I can’t wait to have my own Indian feast. Yum!
Wanna be a Foodie Penpal? Find out how! Click the stamp to sign up!
Past Foodie Penpal Reveals:
Here’s a detailed explanation of the program:
– On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
– You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
– The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
– You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
– Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
– Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, I’m going to keep two separate lists and match US w/ US and Canada w/ Canada!
***If you’re in the UK, please contact Carol Anne from This Is Rock Salt at email@example.com to get involved!